Powder Atomization Plant
TMA-W is a family of water atomizers designed to produce metal powders of irregular shape for use in industrial, chemical, soldering paste, resin filter, MIM and sintering applications.
The atomizer is based on an induction furnace working in a closed chamber under protective atmosphere, where the molten metal is poured and hit by a high pressure water jet, producing fine and deoxidized powders.
The induction heating ensures a very good homogenization of the melt thanks to the action of magnetic stirring during the molten phase.
The die unit is equipped with an auxiliary induction generator that allows the cycle to be restarted in the event of an interruption.
After the melting and homogenization steps, the metal is poured vertically through an injection system located at the bottom of the crucible (nozzle).
Multiple high-pressure water jets are directed and focused onto the metal stream to ensure rapid solidification of the alloy into a fine powder.
Real-time process variables such as temperature, gas pressure, induction power, oxygen ppm in the chamber and many others are displayed in both numerical and graphical formats on a monitoring system for intuitive understanding of the work cycle.
The system can be operated manually or in fully automatic mode thanks to the programmability of the entire set of process parameters through a user-friendly touch screen interface.
The monitoring system can be easily connected to the factory network via Ethernet.
Technology & Features
Metals and Field of Application
- Atomized Metals: Cu, Zn, Au, Ag and their alloys like Bronze and Brass.
- Field of Applications: industrial, chemical, soldering paste, resin filters, MIM and sintering applications
- Advanced Self Tuning thermoregulation (AST™) with exact temperature control of the melted alloys
- S-type thermocouple positioned inside the stopper
- Two Set-Points available: Homogenization and Casting Temperature
- Medium frequency induction heating stirs the melted alloy and leads to a perfect homogeneity
- Pulse Stirring Management (PSM™) for an extremely low frequency stirring
- Second generator for indipendent heating of the die
- Pressure / Flow regulation of water jet
- The melting process can be protected with Argon, Nitrogen or Helium
- Automatic self-test of vacuum sealings, o-rings, seals and filters
- Factory Network Connection: RS232, Ethernet
- Troubleshooting: Connecting to an on-line via modem
- Oxygen Analyzer: Measurement of oxygen present in the melting chamber
- Lid Locking System: Lock chamber (temperature-dependent)
|Crucible working capacity
||up to 7,5 kg Bronze
9 kg Silver
17 kg Gold
|up to 40 kg Bronze
50 kg Silver
90 kg Gold
||up to 1500 cc
||up to 7000 cc
||up to 300 bar
||up to 300 bar
|Autotest with data report
|Monitoring system for data acquisition
|Vacuum leakage detector
||Gold (Au), Silver (Ag), Copper (Cu), Brass, Bronze, Aluminium (Al) and their alloys
Available on request