Powder Atomisation Plant
TMA-W is a family of water atomizers designed to produce metal powders of irregular shape, to be used in industrial, chemical, soldering paste, resin filters, MIM and sintering applications.
The atomizer is based on an induction furnace, working in a closed chamber under protective atmosphere, where the molten metal is poured and hit by a jet of high pressure water, producing fine and deoxidized powders.
Induction heating ensures a very good homogenization of the melt thanks to the action of magnetic stirring during the molten phase
The die unit is equipped with an extra induction generator, which allows to restart the cycle in case of cycle interruption.
Following the steps of melting and homogenization, the metal is poured vertically through an injection system positioned on the lower base of the crucible (nozzle).
Multiple streams of high pressure water are aimed and focused on the metal beam in order to ensure a fast alloy solidification in the form of fine powder.
Real-time process variables such as temperature, gas pressure, induction power, oxygen ppm content in the chamber and many others, are displayed in both numerical and graphical format on a monitoring system for an intuitive understanding of the working cycle.
The system can be operated manually or in fully automatic mode, thanks to the programmability of the entire set of the process parameters via a user-friendly touch-screen interface.
The monitoring system can be easily connected via Ethernet to the factory network.
Technology & Features
Metals and Field of Application
- Atomized Metals: Cu, Zn, Au, Ag and their alloys like Bronze and Brass.
- Field of Applications: industrial, chemical, soldering paste, resin filters, MIM and sintering applications
- Advanced Self Tuning thermoregulation (AST™) with exact temperature control of the melted alloys
- S-type thermocouple positioned inside the stopper
- Two Set-Points available: Homogenization and Casting Temperature
- Medium frequency induction heating stirs the melted alloy and leads to a perfect homogeneity
- Pulse Stirring Management (PSM™) for an extremely low frequency stirring
- Second generator for indipendent heating of the die
- Pressure / Flow regulation of water jet
- The melting process can be protected with Argon, Nitrogen or Helium
- Automatic self-test of vacuum sealings, o-rings, seals and filters
- Factory Network Connection: RS232, Ethernet
- Troubleshooting: Connecting to an on-line via modem
- Oxygen Analyzer: Measurement of oxygen present in the melting chamber
- Lid Locking System: Lock chamber (temperature-dependent)
|Crucible working capacity
||up to 7,5 kg Bronze
9 kg Silver
17 kg Gold
|up to 40 kg Bronze
50 kg Silver
90 kg Gold
||up to 1500 cc
||up to 7000 cc
||up to 300 bar
||up to 300 bar
|Autotest with data report
|Monitoring system for data acquisition
|Vacuum leakage detector
||Gold (Au), Silver (Ag), Copper (Cu), Brass, Bronze, Aluminium (Al) and their alloys
Available on request